Monday, October 25, 2010

BBQ Tofu Wrap w. Avocado and Light Slaw

I think barbecue anything has the potential to taste yummy. I wanted meat-less lunches this week so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try marinating tofu with BBQ sauce. I ended up roasting it and the results turned out better than I thought! I wrapped it up with some sliced avocados, chopped tomatoes, and a light slaw made with dijon mustard and the tiniest big of mayo and cider vinegar. The flavors blended together nicely! Will definitely make this regularly.





Not much of a recipe here..but for the bbq baked tofu:

You will need:

1 package extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
Bottled BBQ sauce of your choice
Olive oil

Steps:

1. Slice tofu into strips and marinate in 1/2 - 3/4 cup BBQ sauce for 30 mins - 1 hour.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Place tofu onto baking tray and drizzle rest of sauce over tofu.
3. Drizzle with olive oil
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake for another 20 minutes, or until golden crusted.
5. Let cool and enjoy!

(Makes about 10 strips - serves about 3-4)
Note - This stores nicely in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment