Sunday, December 19, 2010

Home...Sweet Home

There's something so comforting about the first day back from school. No...it's not the warm hugs and the "oh I've missed you so much honey!" Actually, the past three (four?) times that I came home from college, the house was empty because my family was out grocery shopping or working - not that I'm complaining!

So although the welcomes are greatly appreciated, I really look forward to that night's dinner. I know it's going to be something extremely special; all mom's want to make their children something delicious on their first night back from a semester of hard work towards that 4.0 GPA (hahah..)

Mommy Li did not disappoint. Homemade pan fried meat and cabbage filled buns? Oh yes.

They came out a little burnt, but that's how I know it was homemade -mom was frantically trying to read over her friend's recipe and forgot the pan was heating up rather quickly over the stove. Love.



Leftover dough turned into "Mon Tau" - little pillowy doughs of heaven.

3 comments:

  1. so disappointing you won't make some...sniff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that looks delicious! I love it when they're a little burnt. That's just the way they should be.

    ReplyDelete